Compassionate hospice and palliative care in San Antonio
We understand that choosing hospice or palliative care can be an emotional decision. Talk with your family, doctors, and others you trust. If you have questions, call us at (210) 209-8418 or use the contact form on this page. Our goal is to help you make well-informed decisions during one of life’s most intimate and challenging moments.
- Available 24 hours a day / 7 days a week
- Medical equipment, medication and personal care supplies
- Pain and symptom control centered around patient and family goals
- Personal physician, hospice medical director and RN coordinated care
- Medical social services
- Spiritual counseling
- Volunteer services
- Bereavement grief support
- Care provided wherever you call home, whether it be a hospital, nursing home, assisted living or your personal residence
Palliative care focuses on providing patients with relief from the symptoms and stress of a serious illness — no matter the diagnosis. It can and should be provided together with curative treatment. The goal is to improve quality of life for both the patient and the family. We work with you to plan care based on the patient’s values and goals.
- Initial palliative care consultation and evaluation
- Pain and symptom management coordinated by your doctor and our team
- Support for the life stresses that surround serious illness
- Palliative care may be provided in addition to home health services
Hospice is a fully funded Medicare/Medicaid benefit, unlimited in length, and is also covered by many private insurance companies. Most plans cover hospice care, medications, supplies and equipment related to the hospice diagnoses with no out-of-pocket expenses to the patient. Consultative palliative care is covered by Medicare and most private insurance companies. Co-pays may apply.