The benefits of receiving palliative care services are many, including:
- Services provided in an outpatient setting, such as the patient’s home, long-term care facility or assisted living facility
- Expert monitoring and treatment of pain and symptoms
- Helping you have more control over your care by improving your understanding of your choices for treatment.
- Close communication and coordination with all your care providers
- Caregiver support with education and community resources
- Helping to reduce or eliminate unwanted hospital visits