Serving New Orleans with heartfelt compassion since 2003
At Compassus, our mission is serving terminally ill patients and their families with compassion, integrity, and excellence. The colleagues of Compassus are committed to keeping The Hospice Promise by delivering the highest quality of care, serving the needs of patients and families and spreading the stories of hospice to those whom they come into contact. Our goal is to provide the greatest possible comfort and care for those who experience one of life’s most intimate and challenging moments.
Services available at this location
- Available 24 hours a day / 7 days a week
- Medical equipment, medication and personal care supplies
- Pain and symptom control centered around patient and family goals
- Personal physician, hospice medical director and RN coordinated care
- Physician directed comfort care
- Specialized nursing care and RN case management
- Medical social services
- Spiritual counseling
- Bereavement grief support
- Care provided wherever you call home, whether it be a hospital, nursing home, assisted living center, personal care home or your personal residence
The New Orleans hospice program recognizes the unique needs of Veterans who are facing a life-limiting illness, and both hospice and palliative care providers are able to guide America’s Veterans and their families toward a more peaceful ending. Reaching a Level IV has provided a giant step forward in helping our Program understand and serve Veterans more effectively.