Hospice and palliative care in the greater Cincinnati area
At Compassus, our mission is serving patients and their families with Compassion, Integrity, and Excellence. The Colleagues of Compassus are committed to delivering the highest quality of care with heartfelt compassion.
Hospice services at this location
- Available 24 hours a day / 7 days a week
- Medical equipment, medication and personal care supplies
- Pain and symptom control centered around patient and family goals
- Personal physician, hospice medical director and RN coordinated care
- Physician directed comfort care
- Medical social services
- Specialized nursing care and RN case management
- Spiritual counseling
- Volunteer services
- Bereavement grief support
- Care provided wherever you call home, whether it be a hospital, nursing home, assisted living center, personal care home or your personal residence
Palliative Care is specialized medical care for people with serious illnesses. It is for any age and any stage of a serious illness. It can and should be provided together with curative treatment. Palliative Care focuses on providing patients with relief from the symptoms and stress of a serious illness — no matter the diagnosis. The goal is to improve quality of life for both the patient and the family. Palliative Care works with a patient and their family to determine goals of care based on the patient’s values and what is medically possible.
Palliative Care at this location
- The initial consultation and evaluation
- Compassus medical team plan of care based on your needs and goals
- Pain and symptom management by the experts on your team
- Support for the life stresses that surround serious illness
- Communication with your doctor
- Palliative care may be provided in addition to home health services
Hospice is a fully funded Medicare/Medicaid benefit, unlimited in length, and is also covered by many private insurance companies. Most plans cover hospice care, medications, supplies and equipment related to the hospice diagnoses with no out-of-pocket expenses to the patient.
Consultative Palliative Care is covered by Medicare and most private insurance companies. Co-pays may apply.